Saturday, April 04, 2009

Black Lion Audio and other things...



EARS met at Black Lion Audio at the end of February and was treated to an insider's view of the facilities. Founder and owner, Matt Newport, discussed his philosophy of his products, various issues he has encountered, and we learned the history of his company.


Black Lion Audio


Black Lion is known for their modifications to already existing Pro-sumer audio interfaces. They replace various components in the pre-amps of MOTU and DIGI Audio Interfaces, as well as other brands, and the results are sonically superior.

Their mods are very reasonably priced for the results you get, and are backed by their own two-year warranty.





During the last week in March, some very un-nice person backed into my car some time during the day, and then decided to drive off. I didn't even realize my car had been hit until I was leaving for work and walked past the passenger side of my car for the first time. I am glad that I have auto insurance, however, that person who hit me aught to consider making amends soon before bad Karma catches up to them.




(photo borrowed)

As far as electronic gadgets go, I am very intrigued by the ACER Aspire One Netbook. This is a super-small and lightweight laptop which is about the size of a book, but is capable of doing everything that a larger laptop can do. And you can easily find one for under $250.

See Here: http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/product/31863/review/aspire_one.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home