Friday, January 02, 2009

2009 New Year's Resolutions and what's new

Yes

It is time to reflect on last year a little and set some goals for the new year.

hmm...

But first see here. A quick stop into the Tone Zone. One of the last big classic rooms in Chicago. And literally a quick stop, since I was with my friend Sam, and he had to drop off some equipment as we were traveling around.



Sam tells me this place uses ProTools and a SSL console.

It looks really cool inside and I think it would be great to have an EARS meeting here.. err even better I mean it would be great to track a song of mine here. If I can pull something together that would have a few horns and other acoustic instruments, so you can really hear the sound of the room. This ties in with my New Year's resolutions that I am working on..

Next up, it was the EARS annual Holiday Party. This time held at a great Italian restaurant in Wicker Park.


The food was great. The wine was great. I was introduced to a Malbec wine called Neu Direction that was totally tasty. See here: http://winecask.blogspot.com/2008/11/neu-direction-malbec-2005-wine-review.html



Pictured above, some esteemed veterans of the industry.
Top row: Mike Konopka, David Moss, Michael Kolar, Tim Swan
bottom row: Hudson Fair, Jack LeTourneau, and Harry Brotman.


The party was a lot of fun and everyone seemed to like it. If you have an interest in audio, consider joining EARS.

OK one of my resolutions is to get a better camera. I like to take photos in low light and because of that, a lot of them come out blurry.

Another resolution is to watch my diet and exercise more.

(to be continued)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home